Thursday, May 29, 2008

29. 05. 08

So today's the 29th of May. Who knew.
And this auspicious day finds me, once again, far from all the people I know and love except for the three that are always with me.
The supreme irony? We're finally Stateside, and where does my birthday find me? With good friends from school or conference? With extended family? With little munchkins or peers? No. With the family that has traveled the world with me. This insular little speck of a people group.
Don't get me wrong, I love them. A lot. I just wish that some of the other people I have shared time and laughs with were around me- especially as there was the chance. But no, like the previous five years (and more before that), it'll be just me and them.
Ah, but why be morose? What's a birthday anyway? Just a passing from one year of life to another. Goodness knows that in the end when you count them all up there'll be too many to remember properly. What's one day?
Don't pay any attention to me, it's late and I'm sulky.
Goodnight all. I wish you the happiest of happy 29th of Mays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's your birthday? Ehh?
I didn't rember it :(

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (if it's your birthday...if it is not....happy birthday anyways xD)

And I want you to know that:

I'm selectivitat student from NOW! Yayyy! I finally got passed the bachillerato successfully :D
Next step: University
Next step: Australia :PP


Castru woz hiar! xD

Eschew obfuscation! said...

haha, yeah, it was my birthday yesterday.
As for the sele... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
That's fanTAStic! lol, I can totally see you in Australia already. But hey, one thing. When I come to castefa next time, and you're in college and all, you canNOT escaquearte de meeting with me, ok? College is gonna change a million things- so don't let it destroy your friendships.
wow that's long. :P
anyways, congrats abt the sele! =)
oh, and do you play guild wars?

Anonymous said...

Of course not!
But the friendship will be destroyed in some chases, voluntariamente, I need a change. But don't worry
As for YOU, I will never let college destroy our friendship (I need someone in the USA to stay with jeje xD Joke! xD)


And no :( I don't play guild wars, I play World of Warcraft (not now but sometimes) which is more...friki xD

Thaaaaaaaaanks!
And happy birthday again xDDDDD

hannah said...

i miss you kate. i want to be one of the people traveling through life with you. just know, that you have a whole room to yourself in my heart. :)
love love, me