Thursday, July 31, 2008

forever's a trick

You know how it is. Whatever situation you're in, it seems like it has gone on forever. And ever. And ever. And you've never lived anything else, and you'll never get out of the present circumstances- no matter how short they may, in actuality, have been. It's a bit like C. S. Lewis' Wood between the Worlds.
For me right now it feels like I've been driving for ever and a day... while recent events have showed me that it has really, truly, only been about two months.
It also feels like I've been living away from my parents for ages, like they are no longer a part of my immediate life, when the truth is that they are very much still here. And in the middle of everything.
What is it about life that lulls us into false assumptions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The truths is somewhere out there... I think that the phrase: "Search and you'll find" Can be a good solution to your philosofical questions :)

Changing topic, how is your summer?
Traveling and enjoying it a lot??
I hope so.

Here everything is fine, I think xD

Eschew obfuscation! said...

you think?
oh, you absolutely HAVE to explain that remark.

Anonymous said...

Well you know it's fine for me... xD
Maybe it isn't very well for other people I dunno... ^^