Saturday, February 20, 2010

Brain&Lang

For the first time in my life, I'm facing the very real prospect of failing a test that I shouldn't fail.
There aren't words that aren't profane.
And the thing is, I'm not sure of how much of it is my fault, for not putting more effort and interest into the course, and how much of it is my prof's fault for being completely addlepated.


p.s.: did I mention that I hate stats, too? another addlepated prof (they're friends, and have great mutual respect for one another. somebody shoot me.) and of course, the exams have to fall within 24h of one another.
again- there aren't words that aren't profane. T.T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Nuts!"
It's what Rex Stout uses. In the Nero Wolfe universe, it's like one of the worst words there is. (also in the same series, the police inspector says "cheese and rice" when he's really upset. and in spite of this they are hardboiled detective fiction.)
Good luck on the test- you'll probably do better than you think :)

Eschew obfuscation! said...

lol. cheese and rice! that's pretty awesome. is talking about food considered immoral or something in the Nero Wolfe universe?
:)

Anonymous said...

I think it's just because he needs to cuss without profanity. Kinda like "horsefeathers" or something.