Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On becoming a Foodie

Latest cooking exploits include:

Whole-wheat muffins with jam/cream cheese in the middle.

Vegetarian Lasagna


Next up:

Battenburg cake. Just for the heck of it.


Other exploits from this summer include:

Orange sorbet

Marinating chicken (an art all its own... yikes!)

Pesto from scratch (w/o a blender. again, yikes!)

Frozen mango

Pizza - incl. marinara sauce and crust (still no blender)

Baking things w/whole wheat white flour (cookies, mostly)

Egg salad

Tabbouleh

Experiments w/rye berries

Spinach salads


That's all I can remember at the moment, but I'm starting to really lean on cooking as a passtime. If I'm tired, don't want to go anywhere, or just plain bored, I start to think about what I could cook/bake. There's no "good" or "bad" attached to this observation... I'm just making it. That, plus the observation that I'm quite tired of my own cooking and wish I had a teacher for these things.

No comments: