Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today I went to the pool, with my (pretty!) new bathing suit and swam until I was tired of it.
And let me tell you, it's really good to feel that ache that lets you know you've been moving.
Getting your heart rate up reminds you that you're alive, makes you feel limber.
You get to rejoice because the tiredness you feel at the end of the day isn't just a mental need for sleep; it's the tiredness of a body well-exerted.
And do you know what? I'm SO doing that again. I want physical exertion to be as much a part of my day as eating. After all, if we were meant to only be mentally engaged all the time, why would we have these amazing things called bodies?

*steps down from the soapbox*
*wonders if the boxes people stood on to speak really were soapboxes*
*tries to imagine boxes in which soap was kept*
*realizes they must have been wood, b/c cardboard wouldn't hold up*
*is impressed by the amount of time, history, and pure quirkiness behind that silly little phrase*
*laughs at herself by typing up the whole thought process*

and THAT is what we call postmodernism.
PEACE
PP.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.