Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baldfaced

The realities behind my lack of romantic entanglement. Posted here on the web for any surfer to see. I figure, tons of other ppl spill their guts here, why can't I? What I have to say is not embarrassing or private. So, the facts.
1. I firmly believe that a relationship begins in friendship.
2. I have yet to make a guy friend that I want to go out with.
3. I'm not really sure how I'd know anyway.
4. I just can't make the first move. And I seem to miss other ppl's, which doesn't really help matters much.
5. I find I need to be comfortable with most of the rest of my life before I'm willing to put myself on the relationship market. It just seems like you've got a 75% to 80% chance of getting hurt, and I need for that relationship not to be the one that makes or breaks my entire life's contentment.
6. I just don't know how. How to approach such a thing, how to enter it, how to behave within it. For all the stories and movies and books I know, for all the people I've watched go through these things, I'm still pretty clueless.
So there. The truth. I doubt more than 5 people will see it. I doubt that they will be people who would attempt to harm me with this information.
But would the world PLEASE stop bugging me about it? Contrary to popular belief, a romantic relationship IS NOT the answer to all of life's problems.
Sheesh.
over 'n out.
E.O.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IAWTC. It's annoying :P

Anonymous said...

ok, is this you?
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/573535/EschewingObfuscation
????

Anonymous said...

or just someone else who put the same words together?

Eschew obfuscation! said...

hahahahaha. No, that's not me.

Eschew obfuscation! said...

wish it was though. some neat stuff, she's written.