Thursday, June 25, 2009

the muffin man, among other things

So lately I've been bored silly. What being bored silly has made me realize is that, whenever I don't have anything to do, I automatically look for entertainment in the form of movies/tv shows, novels, gossipy websites (like facebook), or online chatting. These are my three staples. My question:
WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY TIME??? WHY DO I WASTE IT LIKE THIS???
You see, I'm pretty sure that there are much more interesting, profitable, adventurous things out there to do. I simply don't do them. Of course, one problem with finding Things To Do is that most of them cost money. But that's just an excuse. I could join a club, or a society, or research useless things online, or use the craft materials I already own to make something, or go to the gym/pool, maybe actually exercise my body... but NO! I do none of these things.
I'm pretty sure this says something fundamental about my nature as a person, or the nature of people in general. Not altogether sure what it is though... Something along the lines of, man seeks pleasure rather before anything else, or, I'm too comfortable with my lifestyle.
Of course, it's a rare time when I have absolutely nothing that I have to do. So, I'm pretty sure that this seeking entertainment is mostly habit, since generally if I have any time the spending of which I can dictate, I make a beeline for something I can do to relax/laugh a little.
But that's not a good excuse for my lack of go-do-it-iveness. (like my new word? :P)
Oh, I promised to talk about the muffin man. yes. Apparently, he lives in GA, because there's a Drury farm around here somewhere, so why wouldn't there be a drury lane?
This rather disappoints me, because I always thought he lived in England. Ah well.
over 'n out.
E.O.

1 comment:

hannah said...

i think the muffin man might live in chicago at the Drury Lane Theatre. :)