Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So. ...Question.

WHY is it that I am perfectly capable of being and staying awake when I'm wasting time watching videos on youtube, or figuring out what to wear, or texting, or fiddling around on facebook (or writing silly little notes like this) - but exactly TWO MINUTES into doing real work, my body's instinct for sleep kicks in?
I'm not a person who needs much sleep. My family is always getting on my case for it. Now, granted, college has introduced me to people at new heights of sleeplessness, like people talking to me about how they function just fine on 2h of sleep, but not 4 or 5, but I still like to think of myself as being a person who is relatively immune to the effects of sleep deprivation.
So.
How is it that a simple matter of getting between 5 and 6 hours for three nights in a row has put me into such a measly mood and caused my eyes to start drying out (a severe sign of sleep deprivation in me- happens usually after all-nighters when i've been awake for 36h or more)? I'm not in the age-bracket to be losing my sleep-elasticity yet! what is this?!
=(
back to Old English...
E.O.

No comments: