Sunday, August 15, 2010

Confessions of a (no-longer) Teenage Drama Queen

Things I Have Done so Far to Avoid Packing:
1. Put clothes in the wash
2. Go to a work-day at my church in the city
3. Go for a long, long walk
4. Watch Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2
5. Watch sundry TV shows including, but not limited to: iCarly, Sky high, and the Nanny
6. Cooke rice & lentils
7. Bake chocolate chip cookies and made pancakes.
8. Write this blog post.

I must therefore conclude and admit that Something is Going On. I do not avoid packing. I like packing. I like traveling (as has been well-established in previous posts)- I even did a little happy dance on the way to my car last week because I was thinking "I get to pack for a trip!!".
The only possible conclusion is that the very idea of this trip is making me nervous. I have also avoided checking in for my flight online, and deciding whether or not I want to check a bag. Let's not beat around the bush here. I'm scared spitless. I'm going to see the person I've been calling one of my best friends, the friend I've known the longest out of all my current friends. And I'm not sure I can follow through with it without breaking something (not literal THINGS, you know, friendshippy things) because I'm not sure how far apart we've grown in the past year or more. I'm also going to see my fCA- THAT's driving me to distraction too.
Now, time has come to the point where if I avoid preparing for this trip any longer, there will be consequences... but all I can think is "I don't wanna pack, I don't wanna!" - and try to come up with other, unrelated things I have to do that might help me avoid this big scary week.
That said, I can't imagine not going. I have to go, and I will. It's just... YIKES!
Okay. Watch me, internet-reader. I am going to go pack now- promise.
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: