Sunday, August 1, 2010

E-babies

I don't like medicine. Concretely, I don't like drugs. Anything that I feel like will alter my mental state from what it is on a normal, regular basis when I've had food and adequate amounts of sleep, I shy away from.
This means that, on a day-to-day basis, there are certain things that I just avoid, and which may cause awkward situations. Coffee, for example, or alcohol. I have actually managed, somehow, to hang with people with whom alcohol has not been too much of an issue (aka, w/ppl who don't drink).
Friday night, however, two of my dear friends decided they were going to get well and truly drunk. I thought I might take the opportunity (since they wouldn't notice anyway) to have a drink... just one.... They offered me a wine cooler, but, in the end, my nerve failed me, and I got caught up in watching their shenannigans. So, no go.
However, I'm thinking this has got to happen SOMEtime soon. Because I just can't be that much of a wuss.

We shall see what the year brings.
Oh, and my two friends? They danced the night away and had a blast... until their bodies told them they'd had ENOUGH, and made them give some back to the universe at large. In return, they've decided that being that drunk once is plenty. And they don't think any worse of me for not joining them in their revelries. =) I couldn't ask for better friends.
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: