Monday, March 2, 2009

Frazzled

That is how i feel. There are so many things in my life, so much to keep straight.
Apart from holding down a job and keeping my grades nice and high (no mean feat, considering the 18 credits I chose to take on this semester and can't bear to part with), I now have to contend with more and more of the regular adult parts of life. Read: figuring out my life and finding a way to make money (and/or earn college credit? for cheaper than this money-sink I currently attend?) over the summer. Plus, I planned a beautiful Spring Break right in the middle of it all.
Next week: a project, two tests, and a meeting with a prof to discuss a paper for which i have not yet finished reading. Aah!
The week after Spring Break: two papers. Aah!
The deadline for getting my summer-life in order: Um... last week? This week? I don't even know!
All of these things weigh on me so much that my preferred option is tojust let it all go and, like the proverbial ostrich, stick my head in the sand- sand being friends, entertainment, playing in the snow, doing laundry, getting my hair cut, calling my sister, recalling my piano skills- ANYthing. Sigh.
That said, if I take it in individual pieces, without paying any attention to the clouds of work hanging perpetually over my head- I really like my life. I love some pieces and am not unhappy with others.
So, if tomorrow's classes were to be cancelled due to extreme weather... teeheehee. :P

1 comment:

hannah said...

smile friend! spring break will be a much needed rest. and i will not let you think about school during it. don't you forget it!

but i know how you feel. i have so many things to think about, but mostly i push them all to the back burner of my brain until the deadlines are screaming at me. such is college, such is starting out in life, such is ... living where we live in this world of business and need for accomplishment. sometimes i feel bad that i am not involved in more activities on campus, but i am okay with what is happening now. (and i just remembered that i am not involved with ANY activities on campus. oh my)

hdl. can't wait to see you soon.