Friday, August 7, 2009

things i don't need

...and which are being forcibly taken from me.
This summer it seems that I am losing things left and right. Things I don't need, but which I really enjoy and make my life fuller. So far I've lost my camera, respect for a friend (and through it, almost the entire friend), and just this morning, all my computer's pictures and all my documents (basically, all my personal info) were erased. It's like the thing woke up this morning and decided it didn't want to be my computer anymore, it would just throw all of me away. And it did. Fortunately, like most middle-class Americans, it didn't entirely get rid of the things it didn't want anymore, it just threw them in the trash. After all, out of sight, out of mind. They are currently being restored to their original positions, as my computer is not allowed to make that type of life-decision for itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! I hope you get everything recovered ok. :)
I still need to figure out a way to make my gmail attatch QI episodes so I can send some to you...

Eschew obfuscation! said...

oh, it was all fine... turned out the stuff WAS there, it was just being... cryptic... or something. =)