Monday, September 21, 2009

body's in rebellion

my brain is about to do that thing where it tells me, it doesn't care how much work i have left to do, or how behind i am, or how little time i will have tomorrow- it's shutting down for all tasks requiring minimal concentration; after all, my nose is running and hopping (aka, oozing and sneezing) away- why not just turn it into an elopment?

but i have to review my psych notes from friday, finish the translation for old english, and (hopefully) start on some paper ideas for romanticism (or at least re-read the passage that I'm gonna write about). then shower. then bed.
my brain is not allowed to shut down until the shower part. you got that, left brain? right brain, how about you? yes? yes? good. now.
have at you, schoolwork!

why is writing this post easier to do than getting on with my translation already?
sigh. (re-rout to the enthusiasm of that last exclamation point and continue.)
Wish me luck!
over 'n out.
E.O.

p.s.: ...it didn't work. in the end, my brain and I had to reach a compromise: it would finish OE and most of psych if I got it in bed by 11 o'clock. :P

No comments: