Sunday, September 20, 2009

Share the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...

alternate title: The Wedding.

This weekend, my dearly beloved friend and mentor, A-P, got married. This weekend has been so much. A reunion with loved ones (mk's, you know who you are); a hundred thousand new people to meet; a big crowd event where i could feel small and out of place but like i belonged too (which was weirdly comforting and familiar, i haven't had that feeling in a very long time); a renewal of and challenge to faith, virtue and love; a finding out that I CAN meet new people and talk to them quite happily (not so abysmally shy as i once was); an exuberantly joyous occasion; a time to dress up, wear earrings and make-up, a dress and fancy shoes...
It's funny about weddings. The actual marrying part of it gets kind of lost in the scads and scores of things that have to be done to get it to happen. Yes, it was a weekend about these two dear people vowing in front of a whole church of witnesses to love and honor one another for the rest of their days. But there is so much STUFF involved in making those public vows possible. It's kind of mind-boggling.
That said, what I would like to do this blog post is apologize. I have a tendency to be... well, very negative. Skeptical, melancholy, even brooding at times. This weekend I have been very encouraged and challenged by those around me. My friend of years past, and a new friend I only met the day before yesterday both have such joy and compassion and faith and love... they truly show the fruits of the spirit, and it was beautiful to see.
Sigh. In case you can't tell, my mind is still whirling from the whole experience.
but in a good way.
I'll have to finish thinking about this, and then edit this post later. =)
~ E.O.

No comments: