Monday, September 14, 2009

Handstand

As I sit in the laundry room, my clean clothes piled & folded next to me, listening to poetic music, time and wind swish past me, outside these walls.
My life is pretty solid right now... but with the solidity of a person doing a hand stand- their balance is good for the moment, and they can move about, but the moment something shifts they perceive the tenuousness of their situation (legs in the air, the mind making them reach for the heights up in the air, while gravity asks that they kindly return to their accustomed position).
Is this how life always feels?
One more thing I will say, namely that this tenuously solid position is teaching me a lot of things- about me, about the world, about people.
sigh. I leave you with a picture (not me or anyone I know, fyi):

No comments: