Thursday, April 22, 2010

impulses

impulses: you shouldn't always follow them.
I'm afraid that I just cut off my favorite part of my hair and got a haircut that I a) had two years ago b) knew I didn't like and c) had just finished growing out, finally.
WHAT WAS I THINKING? I couldn't tell you. But I wish I could go back in time and persuade my yesterday-self that that was a bad idea, that I should just get it trimmed and be done with it.
Of course, on the other end of things, the hairstyle I had just before it got cut was the hairstyle I'd had three years ago, which I also disliked. But at least that hairstyle was longer, so I had more options of how to fix it. Really, I wish I could come up with a third hairstyle, go back in time, show it to myself, and fix this regret issue I've got going on at the moment.
As it is, I guess I'll just have to sigh and learn to like what I've got. I mean... it doesn't look bad. And heck, it's just protein strands growing out of my head, who really cares? :P I know that last sentence isn't the whole truth, but it was fun to say that proteins are growing out of my head. Hehe. Anyways.
Over 'n out.
E.O.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Don't blame yourself those salon people can be convincing

hannah said...

you could always just cut it even shorter for a brand new look! but ... i don't think you'll do that. :) that is something only i would do on an impulse (more than once!) and kind of regret both times not matter how many people told me they liked it. seriously, growing out hair is a long process. whew.

Anonymous said...

you should shave your head. that's the solution to all hair trouble. no more hair, no more trouble.

no need to thank me for shooting your problems in the face- it's a public service.