Monday, May 24, 2010

Manifesto

So, I know I've sounded pretty negative on here for a while now... and honestly, it's just 'cause I mostly use this place to let off steam about the non-serious, everyday things in life that build up and make my head want to explode.
So, let me share a positive episode, as I'm trying to shift my outlook from "more pessimistic than optimistic, but more realistic than pessimistic" - which places me, if this whole optimism/pessimism thing were a scale, in the middle, but safely on the side of pessimism - to something more along the lines of "more optimistic than pessimistic, but more realistic than optimistic" - or in other words, squarely on the side of optimism, but still fairly close to the middle.
If all the repetitions of optimistic/optimism and pessimistic/pessimism in the previous paragraph have you confused, I'll make it simple: I spend a lot of time mentally (and vocally) complaining, criticizing, and looking sorrowfully at the past. I want to spend more time rejoicing, praising, and looking hopefully over both the past and the future. Cynicism has its time and place, but that's not now, or with me. Hehe.
Anyway, so yeah. This Saturday I hosted a dinner party. Me. I've never done that before! And it went beautifully. =) I had some of my favorite people around me, and we ate good food, and laughed. We also had a visit from a couple that I really hadn't expected to come- it was such a privilege to see them! And feed them. ;)
Over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: