Thursday, May 20, 2010

On being a little bitchy

Things I've dealt with this week:
1. Fav. Chinese-American calling while I was at work (thus, me missing it) and when I tried to call back leaving not one, but two, idiotic, insufficient messages.
2. Parking in a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE spot that NO ONE ON EARTH WAS GOING TO USE BUT ME and getting a ticket for parking in a "tow zone" - though I had parked there the day before without any trouble, and there were NO SIGNS marking it as a tow zone.
3. Cajoling my boss into giving me the raise I earned a year ago.
4. Trying to give the finaid office all the financial crap they need to determine whether or not I'm worthy of being given some mula so I can continue to go to this school, and being told repeatedly that I had brought them the wrong thing. Again. Only to find out (finally) that they want X document (not Y or Z), that it must be ALL 30 PAGES of said document, and that it must be SIGNED by BOTH my parents on the SECOND page.
5. One of my parents happens to be in another state. This has ramifications for 4, but makes a number of its own because it means that the ONE PERSON I was looking forward to talking to this summer is NOT AROUND.
6. Smiling and telling people that yes, I'm loving being on vacation - when in truth, I'm working 40h a week, and commuting for the first time ever, and so this is NOT a vacation, SCHOOL IS MY VACATION.
7. Being forced by my family to appeal the parking ticket, though I absolutely HATE dealing with red tape, and highly doubt that this *coughgreedycough* university is going to let my money out of its clutches.
8. Wrestling with how to get communication into swing with my fav. Chinese American, though said person is self-admittedly awful at long-distance communication, and wondering if this is even a good idea at all.
9. My dad coming (after 3 weeks of saying he would) in to my workplace to get help with a project he's designing, and the whole affair being decidedly awkward because the person he really needed to talk to wasn't there, and someone else (who's much less helpful and friendly) taking over.
10. Messing up at work because of being distracted by all of the above and more.

So when I finally did get another call from my fCA, and missed it AGAIN 'cause he can't figure out that I WON'T PICK UP BETWEEN 10 AND 5, I may have left a message that was a bit... angry sounding... though most of my frustration is not at all his fault, and I'd like to fix that area of my life and get out of the bumpy, scratchy, working-out-how-things-should-work phase of communication. And sounding angry on the phone for the only 30 seconds he'll hear me speak for however long isn't the best way to accomplish that.
Bleeeeeaaaaaaargh.
Summer WILL get better. I'm having a birthday party this weekend. That will be good. A is at work with me. That is good. I got hired for a second job, that pays much better and isn't in the basement. That will be good.
But for now... I really want some chocolate.
over 'n out.
E.O.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I could shoot all of your problems in the face, I totally would...
Unrelatedly, I need to show you the book I made- you will be horrified at the lack of quality.