Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blended days

After God, it's all about the people. Always.
Song I've just discovered I really like: Stay With Me Tonight by Emma Wallace. So great. Musical variety, vocal expertise, and it's just plain fun. Heh.

Yesterday & The day before:
This week I've had four days that blended into two: Thuednesday and Saiday. I'm only going to tell you about one, though.
Start with a huge group of people meeting in a CVS parking lot at 10 at night with blankets and heaps of excitement. Pile them all into 10 cars, with little-to-no idea where they're going, and wait 'til they come back Saturday afternoon/evening, exhausted but with a curious light in their eyes.
And in the middle? Well.
(driving) Frolicking around post-modern statuary;
(driving) getting lost on the highway;
a huge, lazy-eyed chicken; chicken-dancing;
fascinating games of never-have-I-ever;
singing in harmony (while driving);
laughter; amazement; trivia;
stressed-out waitresses and semi-delicious waffles;
hours of driving through nightscapes that only hinted at their day-time clothes;
wonderment at more, brighter stars than I remember ever seeing before (for once they truly looked like jewels in the night sky);
drowsiness (while driving) and freezing temperatures; (I came to hate the sound of the little bumps on the side of the road that let you know your car's falling off it)
warmth and sunrise;
someone else driving my car (thank heavens!!)
the brilliant, stained-glass colors of fall;
blue skies;
mountain-people food at the Bean Pot Restaurant
the hugest tree-house ever built...
and lots more hours of driving.

Excitement, Adventure, Delight, Fellowship. Drowsiness. Being cared for. Rejoicing.
I have less energy than a dog at midday, but I'm glad to have had Saiday instead of a regular Friday and Saturday.
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: