Monday, February 16, 2009

Good ol' MLB

It's interesting how writing an essay on this book has changed (read, deepened) my understanding of it. I am- slowly -beginning to understand what's going through Malte's head as he writes and what the connections are between some of the things he says.
And in writing this essay, I have found a song that I would like to dedicate to him.
Malte, this song is for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDIxcuPT7s
It's "Change the World" by Eric Clapton.

I know, it's bizarre to want to dedicate a song to a fictional character but if Jasper Fforde is anywhere near right, and there's such a thing as Bookworld (lol!), then maybe poor, undefined Malte will see this and take it as his anthem. I certainly feel like it describes a facet of him, at least.

over 'n out.

No comments: