Sunday, April 19, 2009

Music Minor

A friend asked me once why I love singing in harmony so much. I couldn't tell her off the bat, but the question intrigued me... so I thought about it, and this is what I came up with:
Singing is a beauty that comes easily to me... and I realized soon enough that the beauty is deepened and magnified if there is more than once voice, singing something different but... fitting. Like a puzzle piece, fitting. It is wonderful in a way I can't explain to have your voice soaring into the air with another voice (or two or three) singing a note that's different to your own, but fitting. So I look for opportunities to make that beauty in the same way an artist pursues the making of a good drawing.
It gives me joy.

I credit her with unwittingly helping me choose music as my minor. =)
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: