Monday, March 29, 2010

Overbooking

You know, I never used to understand people who complained "I just can't say no to stuff, so I end up insanely busy"
Now... now I am starting to. Where has all my european calm got off to?? I've strenuously overbooked myself tomorrow, not to mention that I have to, at some point this week:
- write and upload a resume to the school website, so the school will hire me next year.
- call the person in charge of interviews for being a tutor
- talk to a professor about pleasepleasePLEASE letting me be in her class next semester, even though it's technically full, because this is my only chance
- talk to another professor about pleasepleaseplease letting me do a directed study with her because she's going on sabbatical and not teaching that class I am desperately fascinated by until after I graduate and/or letting me work in her lab
- find/apply for a summer job as anything EXCEPT a babysitter
All of which has to happen within the parameters of my normal work/school/study/swim schedule, plus you know, staying friends with people (aka, hang out time).

oh, and tomorrow? let's see, tomorrow I have a test that I'm rather underprepared for (which is why I'm writing this post, by the way, to avoid studying for it. yuck.), three hours of mind-numbing work with old books to complete, and two dinner engagements- don't ask me how it happened, i'm not entirely sure, but my small group is attending a passover seder, and the ahem, romantic interest discussed in an earlier post (which is coming along quite nicely, by the way) has a dinner with friends slated for about 2h before said seder. I am well and truly in a pickle. Why did I do this? Because I felt that, for numerous long and slightly complicated and probably ridiculous reasons, that I couldn't say no. Yes, folks, I've said it. That phrase was just typed by my very own fingers. When did my respect for people's feelings/opinions of me develop such strength?? I wish I could muster the courage to cancel one of them.... T.T
It'll be a great day though (well, after the test) if I can manage to just enjoy the moments and not worry about where I'm going next. =)
just slightly stressed, but still yours truly,
E.O.

P.S.: I got to see alllll of my family yesterday. But almost I wish I hadn't gotten to see & talk to my mother- it made me realize just how much I miss her.

1 comment:

Ren said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas