Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adventures

So, I've been saying forever that I wanted to go to a) the farmer's market and b) Super H Mart. Today I found a SHM literally on my way home (yay!!) and went in to browse for an hour or so. =) Interesting foods purchased include: mango; raw, unshelled chickpeas, kinder chocolate (yum! a taste of my childhood, lol.), and dorian-flavored wafers. Not so sure how I feel about that last one... I had one bite of one wafer and could taste it for the next two hours, until I ate one of the mangos- which were absolutely delicious.
Plus, it was so nice to be in a place where I didn't know what about 80% of the stuff was, and certainly couldn't read the packaging. =) Odd, the things that make you feel at home sometimes, isn't it? I love the sense of adventure and confusion that came from that hour-long trek. Plus, since I've started cooking seriously now, once a week, I'm thinking I'll probably go there and get one or two select items to try and make new dishes this weekend! =) I already have an awesome curry recipe... ;)
Also, that place had so many differnt cultures represented! Indian, Mexican, Peruvian, German, Russian/East European... and of course, all kinds of Asian. =) That is definitely one of my fav. adventures from this summer so far, and will be happening again. Other adventures this week may include, but not be limited to: having amazing conversations with people I don't really know but am starting to,conversations about God with people on the street, lunch with co-workers (who are finally accepting me into their coterie, w00t!), dinner at an ethiopian restaurant with other friends, house church, and tubing. I'm excited. This week is looking beautiful. Now if I can just remember to get gas...
over 'n out.
E.O.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha durian wafers! I convinced my mom that we needed to buy those for my birthday- A MISTAKE. Steph and I were the only two who actually ate any (Daniel took a bite but spit it out). And then we both burped durian for AGES.

Anonymous said...

Aww...I want to sign up as a follower on here because I enjoyed what you typed. I, too love the Farmer's Market and the choices of different foods and spices. God Is Blessing you and I and thank Him because we are sisters in Christ.