Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer so far

So it's june now. Which, to my mind, means that we've finally hit summer (and when you read "hit," imagine a waterplane landing on the ocean, with splashes of that precious liquid streaming out behind it). Everything is slowing down, though not to the point of lassitude.
This is something that I struggle against. I like my life full and moderately-paced, with people and events and learning to keep my mind interested in the next moment. This summer though, I'm working, and the fixed routine gives my mind a choice: either get stuck in a routine-rut, thinking the same thoughts, saying the same things every day, or use the calmness of the routine to give my thoughts flight, to rest, prepare, and actively wait for the coming year.
I'm trying hard to take the second approach. Commuting is curiously conducive to some good thinking. =) And the more I reflect on what's gone on this year and sundry other issues, the more I learn from them. Makes me wish I had more thinking-power. :P
My one regret: Working nearly 40h a week requires me to be separated from my dear sun when it's out in the sky. I'm sure that will be a blessing as the summer goes on and heat rises steadily, but for now, I miss being warm. (*SECRET MESSAGE: MY HOUSE IS A FREEZER. NO JOKE. SOMEBODY RESCUE MEEEEEE! *END OF TRANSMISSION*)
Anyways. Hope your June will be good.
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: