Sunday, July 4, 2010

1 AM

At 1 AM, things are reduced to simple sentences:
People always leave me.
Why can't you stay?
Where are you?
I miss you.
I want to be around you; I want to be connected to you.
At 1 AM, people post stupid notes that say from-the-deepest-reaches-of-the-heart things, which they may or may not regret saying later.
That is why only three people who read this blog know me, and everyone else who knows me will never get this address.
So that at 1 AM, when I realize (or revisit) something about my life that I don't like, I can say:
I miss you all. Stop disappearing, slipping through my fingers like so much sand in an hour glass.
Relationships are hard, and we would probably have fought, or grown apart, or taken each other for granted after a while. But I am sad that I did not get the chance find out which, or to do any of those things with you, the people that are gone.
I want permanent people. I think. But I don't know if I dare to act like anyone is permanent... and if I don't, can anyone be?
These are the things with which I wrestle at 1 AM, which will never see the light of... Facebook. xD
Safe travels, dear one.
over 'n out.
E.O.

1 comment:

mandrews said...

At 1AM, I resort to saying things twice, or at least that's what my roommate tells me... Sleep becomes Sleepie Sleep, bathroom becomes bathie bathroom... it's all just a blur... But most of the time at 1AM I feel drunk even when I have had nothing to drink...