Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm here.

I'm here. Here to listen to your troubles, dear. Didn't think I'd be the one you'd pick to say, hey, I can't take this shit, please listen to me for a bit. Didn't think you'd see such strength in me, didn't think I'd have the eyes to see that something's troubling you, causing you to doubt yourself. But if I can, I'll help.
I'll do for you what I wish someone would do for me, ask you how you are- no really, I mean it, it's more than just a greeting, I can see that something's keeping you from smiling, so- I'll ask what's up with you, and try to help you reason through, let you know there's someone here who cares about just you.
And these new eyes I have? This new-found strength that lets me reach out? No, no, it's not my own, it's not from me. This ability I seem to have, now, comes from knowing that God loves me, somehow, and has my back, and what's more, has commanded me to love him back. So I will. I do. And that is how I am able to be here for you, and hope that you see in this love that seems to come from me that He, he loves you too.

Thank you Skip.
over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: