Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pockets! and Buttons!

And so it happens. The new school year comes, and every day I have material for a new post, I want to blog 'til my fingers ache. Fortunately for the internet, I don't. However. This, I have to write. Because you know, it's making me happy. I bought a jacket the other day from a large chain-store that shall remain unnamed. Within two days of buying said jacket (with pockets! in the right places!), the thread holding the buttons onto the front of it started to unravel, resulting in my almost-losing three of them. I decided to fix this issue. And, since the button-holes didn't look too great (read: sturdy) either, I decided to sew 'em up. The only problem was, I really didn't know how... aaand wasn't sure I even had a needle.
Fortunately for me, my roommate DID have one, and the internet can tell you ANYTHING- including, without much trouble at all, how to hand-sew a button-hole.
So what have I been doing for the past two days, do you think, instead of studying for a test*, or finishing my homework, or starting new homework, or doing laundry, or reading for class, etc? Yes. I have been sewing on buttons and re-sewing button-holes into this new jacket. It makes me feel nice and craft-y, like I actually did something with my money - after all, someone else would've just returned it, and then- what do big chain stores do with faulty clothes? throw them away? donate them to the homeless? hmm... if it's that last one, maybe I should've swapped it after all... piffle, I should've asked the attendant. Sigh. Anyway- Paradoxical, no? =) ...I just hope the rest of it isn't as flimsily sewn as the buttons were. :S
over 'n out.
E.O.

*which turned out to be the easiest test of its kind that I've ever taken, fortunately.

No comments: