Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Health: No matter what the problem is, it can cause death

You know, elephants can remember. These past two weeks just go to prove that I am not an elephant. I have been trying to set up a gig for the chorus at this old folks' home/rehab center that I have a connection to through one of my other teachers (Lee, if any of you read the post on my other blog). This teacher gave me a name and a contact at the home, and the place's phone number. So I called the place, got on the phone with her, and we arranged a date. I told my Chorus teacher about it, and left it up to him to do forms, etc (I can't do that anyway). My Chorus teacher , being who he is and having a lot of work to do, did nothing. No forms filled out, no requests filed, nothing set in motion. So the week before he tells me I have to change the day, we won't be ready by the original one. (*sound of my teeth grinding*) But I didn't know the whole of it yet. I called the woman again... only to find out she wasn't at her desk. I called again, a day or so later- same answer. Somehow I managed to call six time when she was away from her desk. Go figure! So I finally figured out her schedule (mwahahaha, I'm smarter than they give me credit for!) and called her when she was at her desk. (In my head: Hurrah!! Success! Contact established!!!!) I talked with her. She was busy. She was preparing for a pageant. She could not find her agenda, her office was messy. Could I call back on Monday? (*grinding teeth again*) Sigh. Fine. *click*- as my heart sinks in desperation.
Monday roles around. I am positively swamped and forget to take 2 minutes to call the - ahem, woman. I don't remember until today, Tuesday- exactly 30 minutes AFTER she got off work.
Can you sense my frustration here? I mean for pity's sake!!
It doesn't help that my teacher wants very specific dates, and that I am making my school look bad with all this irresponsibility (I made myself sound better in the story, what can I say?).
well. a very frustrated and work-beloaded me bids you goodnight. (you haven't yet heard about the APUSH fiasco. That is for another time and another place. Namely with Annalisa's anti-APUSH campaign.)
and a happy Wednesday to you!

1 comment:

Annalisa said...

wow. Sounds stressful. I'm ready when you are to push the anti-APUSH campaign :D And wow, no, they better not underestimate you! Her schedule!? LOL! Oh, Kate, you never fail to amaze me :) I take pity on those who cross you, if you ever find yourself in an inexplicably vengeful mood... tehee~ My friend, my friend, you are truly amazing. I mean, it sounds like a terribly frustrating series of events, but you seem to have handled it with great aplomb (except for the slight slip on Monday...)~ Cheerio, stay strong! I'm rooting for you and your impressive stubbornness... er... perseverance. :)