Friday, March 14, 2008

Old enough for my wants to hurt me?

I want what I cannot have. So what else is new?
I want... oh, a million things. Impossible things. Things like vacations and gumption and people I love to be close to me and not to be launched into responsibilities galore and to be on a sports team. Like I said, a million things. Ok, so I like hyperbole. Still.
I understand people like Jhonny Nolan out of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. He didn't have the stick-to-itiveness to see things through, so he failed at his aspirations. So help me God, I will not (and I mean that as a prayer, not as profanity). But it will hurt. Oh yes, growing up hurts. Learning that you cannot just do what you want when it feels wholesome, but that you have to do what is needed, whether it feels wholesome or not. gah.
Like a kicking, screaming two-year old, I am being born into the world of adulthood.
Heigh-ho world!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah. people try to avoid the adulthood responsibility world forever. unfortunately those who accept it as fate thrive in it. keep writing your musings and thoughts I love to be able to keep up with you this way. much love