Thursday, March 3, 2011

Photography

Some things I've noticed about my photography:
1. I generally take pictures of inanimate objects or nature or cool lighting.
2. This happens more often when there isn't someone walking with me to whom I can say "Wow, look at that! It's so pretty!"
3. For this reason, my photos rarely contain people (or if they do, they're not facing me). I don't generally take pictures when I'm around people, because I'd rather enjoy their company than their looks.
4. I am no photo editor. I don't care about editing the final product, and I doubt I ever will. My joy is in "making the camera see what I see" - or in other words, getting the best original shot I can with my dinky little Cannon point-and-shoot. I'm not fancy. I'm not trying to enhance anything; I just want to show off what's already there, right in front of the naked eye.
5. I am okay with this.

My photos are to capture special moments that I can't share with anyone in the moment, and to point out the beauty that I see in the natural world.

Finally.

over 'n out.
E.O.

No comments: