Saturday, April 30, 2011

first-time hostess

Tonight I am a true hostess for the first time.
I feel like Anne of Green Gables, excited about the idea of sleeping in a spare room.
I did all the domesticky things- cleaned up the house, cleaned the kitchen, made sure the bathroom looked nice, washed sheets, re-made the bed, swept the floors... everything!
My guests are sleeping in my room and offering to cook for me. They are conversing with me in the good old way, Spanish - you can keep a conversation going into the night, about anything and everything, just enjoying one another's company. I love the sounds of spanish... making them and hearing them and having them mean something beyond just making sounds for the sake of practicing, having them mean conversation, relationship.
Having people in my house is pretty sweet.

No comments: