Tuesday, June 17, 2008

giant 'OFF' switch

So my experience with summer vacations is that you let your brain just sort of switch off. Sometimes it gets even to the point where someone asks you the time and you go "Um... I don't know..." even though you have a watch on your wrist, a cell phone in your pocket and a clock on the wall. The fact is that time just doesn't matter any more and stress is a thing of the past- but then, so is brain activity above the level of, you know, sleep.
In an effort to somewhat counteract this colossal mental shut-down, I've been doing absolutely nothing. After last year, and considering the year coming up, I decided my head needed the break from forced activity. Let it wander where it will, and I'll pick it up again from wherever it went before classes start up again. Last year it went to Timbuktu (well, actually I think it might have got lost on the way and ended up in Cambodia, but oh well).
I wish I really COULD go to Cambodia or Australia or Sri Lanka or somewhere...
oh well.
ttfn

No comments: