Friday, December 18, 2009

the kittens' mittens

so, in an effort to not be all gloom-and-doom, i shall tell you about my past two days.
i am home. or rather, what counts as home while being in the states. we've lived here for two, going on three years now, so i guess it's "home". anyway, point is, i'm here now, with the cousins and the comfy couch and the tv and the car. i've been out shopping, buying exciting things for christmas, and a project so that i don't go bored out of my mind. =)
how i ever developed this ability to be bored so easily, i'll never know. even living in europe hasn't been able to cure me of it. so, you may call me an old lady, but i have determined to knit a pair of cut-off mittens. yep. and, just so you know, knitting in the round is nothing to sneeze at! you have to have four needles going at all times, and woe unto you if you drop a stitch! :P it's more fun than i'd have expected, and requires a great deal of concentration. anyway, i'm pretty sure i've got the hang of all the basic stitches now, so all i have to do is put 'em all together. (easier said than done? i hope not.)
we'll see how this first attempt turns out. wish me luck! :)
over 'n out.
E.O.

P.S.: I FINISHED THE FIRST GLOVE!!! :D It's lovely, if a bit small. It's keeping my hand nice and cozy right this very moment. =) I've decided that this will be a "practice" glove, as I have plenty of yarn for two more. Then I can make those two bigger, and have them fit properly instead of looking like they were meant for my 6-year-old cousin rather than me. :P Also, I'm taking a break from knitting- my index fingers are sore, and my right pinky was cramping up from trying to hold the miniscule thread. Hehe. This was a good project idea. =)

No comments: