Sunday, February 6, 2011

Creativity

When I feel like making something pretty on a piece of paper, it's always words and not pictures that come out. Look at this one, for example (I quite like it):



















My love for language and the fun I have playing with it sometimes borders on the ridiculous. Someone told me on Friday that I "talk poetic." When I asked what on earth that meant, she said that I always use the right words, and say things well. Then she asked if I considered myself a writer, and I told her I considered myself good at writing, but not a writer. Writers have Something to Say. I do not, not yet. I realize that confining myself to writing when I have Something To Say might be problematic- for instance, if the world doesn't agree that my "something" is important and pay attention, I might experience some, er... distress. Still, I can't help but think of it that way- I'm good at putting words together; but that doesn't mean that I have a purpose for that skill. And I am a firm believer in doing everything with purpose.
Anyway. Hope you enjoy my "art".
E.O.

in other news, i wonder sometimes what my neighbors must think about the girl who's constantly singing next door. in my personal opinion, it's a nicer sound than say, people bumping around upstairs or dogs barking. but then again, i might be a teensy bit biased. xD

No comments: