Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moments

This post is dedicated to remembering moments this weekend that were satisfying in one way or another.

J not only openly told me about her relationship developments, she apologized for letting me guess before telling me - and then showed me a dinosaur of a digital camera and let me play with it, asking me to tell her, if I could, how it works.

Cc and I had a moment bonding about feeling awkward not knowing anyone at the party we were helping host, as none of our guests had arrived yet, and hoped her and my guests would arrive at the same time, so we wouldn't have to desert one another.

B had a legit conversation with me about Real Things after the service.

J2 tapped me on the shoulder from two rows back, just to say hi.

R is comfortable enough with me to let me walk with her arm in arm, and chat merrily, even though we've only met twice.

Standing in front of the stage, almost the only one on the floor, E comes up, takes my arm, and stands with me, swaying.

G: "You're a white guy magnet!"
G: "It's like you're trying, I can tell you're trying, but you're trying to be charming, and you are charming, and guys like you"

me: I could live in Southern California. I could do it.
G: I could too. Let's do it.
me: You want to move there after graduation?
G: Yeah.
me: Let's do it.
G: Let's do it, for real.
me: Deal.
(we shake hands. short pause.)
G: Do you mind if my mom lives with us?
(both nearly die of laughter)

I really love my friends.


This weekend was beautiful. I went and jammed with a friend of mine from SG, and it was TOTALLY different from jam sessions I've been to before, when I was still my most defensively shy self (and felt like I wasn't worth listening to). I joined in, and was appreciated as a member of the jam session or whatever. =)
I had a girls' night, watching two good, classic movies with some friends, sleeping on a couch, waking up to think.... We held a wonderful pre-thanksgiving thanksgiving party, full of good food and dear friends....
I am full - in stomach, but also in spirit. I am beloved by God and I have a community, and I am not only not crippled by my social ineptitude, I am reaching out to people and adding joy to their lives like they add joy to mine.

No comments: